Personal Reflection

As soon as we were tasked this project at the end of last semester, I was really unsure as to what to do. It was not so much the task, but the idea behind it. There were so many problems with the world, it was hard to pick one. I originally had an idea for Go Green – Plastic, but I just did not know where to start with it. Eventually, I came up with the idea to include some type of child first aid, because not many new parents know what to do when it comes to their child being hurt or injured. I was again, unsure as where to start with this project. I did a research analysis questionnaire on some strangers and the results I received were so broad and different to what I imagined, I did not know where to start. The problem just revealed itself to be really broad and to be able to secure a viable solution seemed like a distant dream.

Conducting lesson plans and creating crowdfunding pages, is where my knowledge base stops almost. I could have produced an app or a video, as these are areas in which I feel most comfortable in. However, I wanted to experiment and see if I could create something that is going to make a real difference, not another app that will never get used or developed because there are too many. I am not familiar in the world of first aid or anything medical, therefore, I decided to focus my research solely on medical charities and what they do. I feel, the research side of my blog was a success. I got some really good results in terms of my primary research and I got to speak to an actual practitioner, who really gave me some insight into what she thinks would be a good idea when it comes to teaching the children in primary schools. In week two and three, when I produced the research plan, I know for a fact I did not stick to it coherently. As I progressed in the subject and the research, my ideas changed, and my problems changed. The more I researched the more I found people had already solved or were trying to solve the problem. The real challenges that I faced was keeping up with the work load, if I missed one day due to illness etc. it would be really hard to catch up and several times I would fall behind. Pushing myself to actually research things were really hard because it is such a long and painful process.

I feel the colour scheme works really well, I know in some areas I have not stuck to it one hundred percent, but it still works and still looks just as effective.

Moreover, the one thing I am really happy and pleased with, is my crowdfunding page. I feel it looks really professional and explains my project well, it is easy to read and is elegant in design, approach and content. Overall, my project management needs work, especially for this part of the module. When I feel behind it really took a toll on the work load. Furthermore, I will end on a positive, I think the look and project development as a whole is successful and I learned a lot from the research, the people I spoke to and I now know quite a bit about first aid. Finally, I learned from various aspects in the design process.